Zeifmans is a tax, accounting and consulting firm that understands clients’ needs and the full range of solutions available. We work within the rules to make the rules work for our clients. We give straightforward, intelligent advice that consistently add to our clients’ bottom lines.
As a member of Zeifmans’ dedicated team, you will acquire a deep knowledge of the personal and business needs and goals of our clients. You can provide candid counsel on a wide range of issues, including tax, complex accounting, restructuring, acquisitions, IPOs and more. You will benefit equally from the experience and judgment of our senior leaders and the sharp, innovative thinking of our young associates.
About the Position
As the US Tax Preparer you’ll work closely with our clients and calculate their taxes including returns, liabilities, deductions, and expenses. You will review the accuracy of data on tax forms based on all tax rules and regulations. To succeed in this role, it’s important to have advanced mathematical skills and the ability to analyze complex data.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Preparing US federal and state income tax returns
· Calculating taxable income and income tax due based on financial information provided
· Analyzing client provided information as it relates to US income tax rules and regulations
· Analyzing and communicating tax matters, issues, and potential solutions
· Resolving tax disputes with US federal and state tax agencies on behalf of clients
· Collaborating with team member and clients to build meaningful relationships
· Working to provide quality deliverables in a timely manner
· Seeking continuous professional development
Summary of Experience
· IRS Enrolled Agent or US CPA designation is an asset
· College or University degree
· Exposure to US tax compliance and base knowledge of general taxation as obtained through course work and/or work experience are considered an asset but not mandatory.
· An ability to display quick thinking, adaptability, and astute thinking skills to handle all tasks and problems as they may arise.
· A strong passion to grow a career in this industry with a specific interest in US Tax
· Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
Great Ideas. Positive Impact. That’s Zeifmans.
Zeifmans Offers You:
· Opportunity for growth – gain direct experience working with a wide-range of industry groups and clients
· Mentorship – our teams operate with an “open door” policy
· Collaborative environment – everyone has a say in our success
· Competitive compensation + opportunity for annual bonuses
· Full benefits and insurance for you and your immediate family members
· “Summer Fridays off” and short Fridays all year long (3 pm office closure)
· Flexible in-office dress code
· Flexible work hours and location possible
· Mental health resources and on-going mental health support
· Providing you with opportunities to give back and support your community
At Zeifmans, you are just not just a number, you are an integral member of our growing Zeifmans team. We are a home to number-crunchers, big thinkers, day dreamers and scholars – because delivering big ideas for such a breadth of clients takes all kinds of wonderful minds.
Supporting you through earning your CPA designation: Our Zeifmans team is here to support you through every step of earning your CPA. We offer a pre-approved program with CPA Ontario, provide paid study days to help you prepare and we reimburse you for exam fees.
Helping you succeed at every level: Get ready for 1:1 career guidance directly from partners and senior managers. You will get a chance to develop skills past just tax, assurance or accounting – there’s tons of room for personal and career growth, along with perks like year-long early Fridays.
Your well-being matters – professionally and personally: At Zeifmans, we take care of each other. That means great health benefits, a focus on work-life balance. Our employees don’t just survive, they thrive.
Making time for fun: You’re not a robot. Neither are we. While Zeifmans’ employees take pride in their work, we also like to have fun together. Not only do we provide a catered lunch on Thursdays and all-you-can-eat snacks, but Zeifmans also has yearly golf, beach and ski days, along with team and firm-wide events like holiday parties and staff celebrations.
A focus on giving back: Community involvement is one of our most important values. We encourage employees to give back and participate in a variety of company-sponsored fundraising campaigns that run year-round. If a cause matters to you, it matters to us too, which is why we recently launched a campaign that highlights charities chosen by Zeifmans’ employees.
The Zeifmans Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Zeifmans is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support all qualified persons to apply to all positions, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, Aboriginal status, age, disability, or any person who may require accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you would like to request accommodation within your application, we ask you please contact our Human Resource department.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- U.S CPA or working towards completion (preferred)