The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Technology People Leader – 6 months secondment or fixed term opportunity
This role is for a Technology People Leader who manages the Contractors & Vendors in the Improvement, Systems and Technology area. You will be supporting a group of people with a broad and diverse range of skills and experience.
You will be responsible for
- Collaborating with other People Leaders and Delivery Leads to develop workforce plans.
- Managing internal and external key stakeholder relationships.
- Ensuring all required financial and people records are maintained for compliance and audit purposes.
- Leading and facilitating recruitment processes.
Expertise you will bring to the role
- Successful leadership of teams in a complex environment.
- Strong leadership and people management skills utilised in a changing environment.
- The ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability in negotiating constructive outcomes in complex environments with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High levels of resilience and adaptability.
- An eye for detail with strong prioritisation, organisation, and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- An understanding of technology capabilities and how they work together to deliver value.
- An understanding of Agile at an enterprise level and how the roles work together in a high performing team.
- Intermediate Excel capabilities.
- Knowledge of recruitment processes and practices.
- The ability and experience to accurately collate data and provide the outcome to the required individuals.
- An understanding of financial management including invoicing.
- An understanding of the New Zealand Employment Relations environment.
How we can support you
We are an organisation that has people at the centre of our work.
At MSD we understand that our people do their best, when they can be their best and we’re committed to fostering a work culture that is diverse, inclusive, and supportive.
We offer structures and tools such as Flexible working arrangements, Health and Accident Insurance and Vision care, MSD Wellbeing Plan and Learning and Capability – Study Assistance to support our people and their development.
If you want to be part of a team that is all about helping to build successful individuals, and in turn building strong, healthy families and communities then we would love to hear from you.
Manaaki Tangata, Manaaki Whānau.
Salary range: $85,749.00 – $128,623.00
How to apply
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button and complete the online application form.
- Upload your CV
- Complete the Self-Assessment document below and upload it in place of a cover letter https://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/dce-people-and-capability/information-technology/tpl-ft-self-assessment-template.doc
We may start shortlisting and interviewing before the closing date.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Sunday the 14th August 2022
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.
MSD has a COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires employees to be fully vaccinated prior to 1 September 2022. From 1 September 2022 MSD’s policy will be to encourage, but not require, employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and its variants unless the role is identified as requiring vaccination at the time.
7 total views, 7 today