Summary: Provides accounting support to the Institute by performing the following basic accounting duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares a variety of regular monthly, quarterly & annual reports and tax filings
- Creates ad hoc reports upon request
- Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts
- Drafts external financial reports for third-party publications and membership organizations
- Prepares adjusting journal entries to the general ledger
- Assists with budget preparation, adjustments, and departmental budget queries
- Assists in the preparation of year-end audit schedules and supporting documentation
- Interpret and follow accounting policy and procedure; recommend adjustments and updates to accounting policy and procedure to the Assistant Controller
- Ensures Institute policies and procedures are followed
- Performs routine internal audit functions and edit checks
- Analyzes and monitors revenue and expense allocations for relevance
- Monitors unclaimed property compliance
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; CPA or CPA candidate a plus; two to three years of progressively responsible experience in accounting or finance operations; demonstrated technological expertise; demonstrated service-oriented attitude with sound knowledge of accounting principles and analytical ability. Candidates should have strong computer skills, including demonstrated working knowledge of accounting, database, and data analysis software, and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. Banner Finance, SAP Concur, and Spreadsheet Server knowledge is a plus.
Applications: * Only online applications/resumes will be accepted at: https://jobs.rose-hulman.edu until the position is filled. Contact Human Resources at 812-877-8176 for questions. EEO/AA
Job Type: Full-time