W.F. Baird & Associates is seeking a motivated, dynamic, and personable Staff Accountant. This position will complement and expand our existing Accounting team supporting locations worldwide.
Baird provides a stimulating work environment, professional development, and ownership potential within the company. Baird is a 100-person engineering firm specializing in coastal, marine, and riverine engineering with offices in U.S., Canada, Barbados, Chile, and Australia. We are one of the only firms in the world dedicated exclusively to marine and coastal projects, and we encourage you to visit our website (https://www.baird.com/) to gain additional insight into or company, capabilities, and experience.
It is anticipated the candidate will participate in the following activities:
- Performing general accounting duties and assisting with accounts payable, payroll, account receivable processing, and project billing.
- Responsible for administering payroll system as necessary to include payroll processing, employee deductions and changes and all accounting related entries for benefits and withholdings.
- Responsible for month/year-end accounting close for multiple company entities.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the general ledger accounts.
- Perform monthly bank and investment account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly accrual journal entries.
- Process accounts payable invoices and employee expense reimbursements by verifying proper approvals have been obtained and that appropriate supporting documentation is attached.
- Process banking wires/EFT, checks, stop payments and voids as required.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of employee credit card expenses to company credit card statements.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business or related field.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, confidentiality, planning and organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills related to common office tasks such as using MSOffice (e.g., Outlook, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint), and Adobe.
- Experience in Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint a plus
W.F. Baird & Associates is employee owned. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Please forward your cover letter and résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
W.F. Baird & Associates is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an EOE/M/F/D/V. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.