As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for providing insightful analysis and recommendations to influence initiatives in the business. You will play a key role in the annual operating budget, forecasting and multi-year planning process and will support programs and the Leadership team by providing evidence based-analysis for effective decision-making. You will be responsible for financial metric assessments across key financials (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) and will provide ongoing leadership and financial support to an assigned portfolio of programs from a forecasting and financial planning perspective as well as identify trends and opportunities to drive performance across business units. Each day will be fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the business with a focus on corporate (G&A) and retail support functions; you will work with the business partners and identify performance drivers, risks and opportunities, and communicating recommendations to drive decision-making through analytics
- Build financial models and perform quantitative analysis to evaluate past performance and current trends, with the objective of influencing decision-making and identify areas of improvement
- Provide analytical support to financial forecasts and operating plans
- Provide financial support during capital acquisition request (CAR) process, work with the business to create the business case for senior leadership approval
- Create and communicate reporting, presentations, dashboards and business commentary for senior leadership
- 3 to 5 years experience as a Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst or similar role, including accounting, budgeting and planning experience
- Experience in retail, particularly multiple-location/national and multi-channel retail is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Business Data Analytics, Finance or related field
- CPA and/or MBA is considered an asset
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ in a complex business environment
- Critical thinking, ability to see the ‘big picture’ in a complex business environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to explaining key variances
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint mandatory and experience in building Excel Macros is preferred
- Experience in modeling business cases and building management reports
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly present complex information to non-technical business partners, including senior management
- Ability to interpret large amounts of financial and non-financial data and summarize it to present meaningful information to various levels of management
- Problem solver
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more…
- Hybrid working model both onsite and offsite
Location(s) CA-ON-Richmond Hill
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.