Purpose: Provide extensive financial planning and analysis to support US Retail Brick & Mortar Channel. Share in the responsibility for target setting, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, long-term financial planning and financial modeling.
- Assist Senior Finance Manager in the monthly forecast and reporting processes.
- Assist in developing processes and tools to continually improve forecast accuracy; including, among others, financial deep dives to validate actual expenses and understand key financial drivers.
- Support the US Commercial Finance team in developing financial models and fiscal year budgets.
- Partner closely with the Global Retail Finance and Regional Finance organizations to help coordinate and execute planning, budgeting, and other ad-hoc requests and provide variance explanation and commentary for actuals and forecast.
- Work closely with the Accounting team to streamline the month-end close process and address systems and reporting issues.
- Assist the Bricks & Mortar Finance team in financial consulting on key strategic and promotional initiatives.
- Play an active role in partnering with the management team on forecasting, budgeting, financial modelling, and other various ad-hoc analyses.
- Partner and support Real-Estate team with lease budget/forecast, planning & analysis.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical skills, comfort with Finance and/or Accounting principles and good understanding and experience with retail math and retail financial drivers.
- Proven ability to operate cross functionally, join data from various sources and develop creative and innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to accomplish assignments simultaneously under tight timelines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, stakeholders, sales representatives, peers, clients and customers.
- Understanding in fundamental database design and development. Ability to gather data from multiple sources and manipulate the data to develop demand-driven and action-based reporting and analysis.
- Advanced skills in Excel. Strongly proficient skills in Access, Word, PowerPoint and Business Objects, SAP, TM1 (or other reporting software).
Qualifications (Minimum required education and experience):
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years related experience and/or training.
- Industry specific experience preferred
- Solid accounting skills and experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
adidas requires all US based employees to report COVID-19 vaccination status. Proof of vaccination is required in New York City and Puerto Rico. adidas is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for accommodation in accordance with all relevant state laws.