Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
• Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
• Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the
organisation’s planning and operations.
• Recognises and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
• Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate
to the needs of the organisation.
Emerging technology monitoring
• Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies
to evaluate the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organisation.
• Contributes to the creation of reports, technology roadmapping and the sharing of
knowledge and insights.
Requirement and Definition Management
• Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for smallscale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives.
• Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and document detailed
• Provides constructive challenge to stakeholders as required.
• Prioritises requirements and documents traceability to source.
• Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
• Provides input to the requirements base-line.
• Investigates, manages and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined
requirements, in line with change management policy.
• Designs software components and modules using appropriate modelling techniques
following agreed software design standards, patterns and methodology.
• Creates and communicates multiple design views to identify and balance the concerns of all
stakeholders of the software design and to allow for both functional and non-functional
• Identifies and evaluates alternative design options and trade-offs.
• Recommends designs which take into account target environment, performance security
requirements and existing systems.
• Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications. Leads reviews of others’
• Models, simulates or prototypes the behaviour of proposed software to enable approval by
stakeholders, and effective construction of the software.
• Verifies software design by constructing and applying appropriate methods.
• Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts
and integration software services.
• Contributes to selection of the software development approach for projects, selecting
appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile)
• Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
• Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work.
• Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database and data warehouse concepts,
design principles, architectures, software and facilities.
• Assesses proposed changes to object/data structures, in order to evaluate alternative
• Implements physical database designs to support transactional data requirements for
performance and availability.
• Implements data warehouse designs that support demands for business intelligence and
• Reviews requirements and specifications and defines test conditions.
• Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined
criteria, recording and reporting outcomes. Analyses and reports test activities and results.
• Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work.
System Integration and Build
• Defines the software modules needed for an integration build and produces a build definition
for each generation of the software.
• Accepts completed software modules, ensuring that they meet defined criteria.
• Produces software builds from software source code for loading onto target hardware.
• Configures the hardware and software environment as required by the system being
• Produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records and reports on
• Diagnoses faults and records and reports on the results of tests.
• Produces system integration reports.
Release and deployment
• Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
• Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity
• May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
• Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures.
• Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
• Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
• May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
• Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a
motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and
provided with career opportunities through development
• Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity,
workload and organizational efficiency
• Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the
support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes
to meet business needs.
• Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with
business needs and GIT objectives
• Global IT
• Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
• HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or
related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient spoken and written command of English
• At least 5-year experience in IT
• 2 years of experience in relevant area
• 1 year of experience in team management
• Understanding of different culture
• Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization: