See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
IB&M also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
IB&M Finance supports the business in providing financial control, financial analysis and insight, product control, regulatory accounting and related project and strategy implementation support.
Product Control is a global team that sits within IB&M Finance and has the responsibility for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business. Key functions include management of all aspects of daily P&L production and analysis plus attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other special tasks of the business across the full product range.
We are looking for either existing senior managers, or managers ready to take the next step, who have experience within a Product Control, function.
This role reports directly to the Executive Domestic Product Control.
Do work that matters
As the Senior Manager for Rates Product Control your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Rates Product Control team in their preparation of daily P&Ls and operation of daily and monthly controls (reporting line of two qualified accountants)
- Owning full end to end for this process including oversight of any and all analysis, market commentary and balance sheet moves
- Being the primary liaison point for Finance for the Rates business. The role involves frequent interaction with senior personnel including the Chief Operating Officer and Desk Head
- Partnership with the Front Office on strategic desk initiatives; this will involve ensuring our control needs are met for any new business which requires strong technical understanding of interest rate derivatives
- Initiating ongoing enhancements to improve efficiency and controls and add value to the business
- Involvement in project work
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Tertiary Qualifications – hold a tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, or an equivalent business-related discipline
- Accounting qualification – CPA or CA
- Worked in Product Control or a similar function
- Highly numerate with a strong understanding of traded market risk products particularly derivatives
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant accounting standards
- Strong understanding of valuation concepts and methodologies
- Proven strong communicator across diverse groups of stakeholders
- Capacity to work to tight deadlines
- Prior experience of people management
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you’re already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you’ll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We’re aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 23/05/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.