The adidas strategy 2025 ‘Own the Game’ is based on a Direct-To-Consumer-led (DTC) and members-first business transformation, with eCommerce delivering the main contribution in top- and bottom-line growth. The foundation of high growth and high Full Price share is creating the perfect store with excellence in execution in a data-driven, consumer-obsessed way with membership at its center. The Digital Assortment team forms the commercial center of the Digital organization to secure the best of adidas product offering for #1 adidas store
The Senior Manager Digital Assortment Planning is delivering data-driven inputs into product creation through One Brand Interaction Model (OBIM), DTC centered assortment frameworks with focus on membership range, driving fast creation revolution and partnering with Global BU’s to define DTC globally driven assortment.
- Provide drive data-driven business intelligence, range & consumer insights into global creation process to maximize seasonal eCOM range efficiency, NS growth and commercial impact.
- Develop the range, price point, membership proposition, exclusives, pre-launches requirements per BU needed to meet our revenue and growth ambitions.
- Turn our member base into growth opportunities by leveraging the data and insights into Members led creation process.
- Elevate commercial moments importance like BTS, Cyber Week, 11/11, Holidays.
- Act as close partner to global Buying, Planning & Trading team across the seasonal milestones to deliver a DTC-led and members-first product assortment.
- Ensure DTC exclusives offering according to provided DTC exclusives range framework.
- Continuously drive learnings and improvement into global and market teams to evolve our global and local assortment planning to maximize full price sell through.
- Maximize the opportunity of seasonless creation for eCOM global markets based on consumer insights and range opportunities.
- Collaborate with Digital analytics to sharpen the growth unlock view per article, sport, price point & market.
- Ensure Digital Content Planning & Digital Activation teams activates right assortments according to seasonal priorities.
- Partner with global merchandizing and markets to accelerate DTC Exclusives with brand, member and commercial impact.
- Partner up with Global BU functions to drive Globally Driven Assortments such as Brand Collection.
“If required” Responsibility – People Management
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and Digital objectives.
- eCommerce Net Sales growth
- Full price share
- DTC exclusives
- Brand Collection compliance
- Global & Market eCom Assortment, Buying, Planning & Trading
- Global Own Retail
- Digital Activation
- Digital Planning & Consumer engagement
- Digital Hype
- Digital Analytics
- Digital Strategy
- External Partners
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business processes and business partners
- Very good communication & negotiation skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
- Good people management skills are a plus
- Structured, organized and process orientated
- Attention to detail as error in analysis will have crucial impact to business
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and under pressure
- High influencing skills and ability to make fact-based decisions
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Project management and project monitoring experience
- Fluent English both verbally and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office / Adobe analytics, BI systems
- University degree in Business, ideally with Marketing and Sales focus or equivalent professional experience
- Strong skill set needed for pre-season Planning and Merchandising for a multichannel direct-to-consumer (own retail, franchise, and e-com) global brand, acquired through advanced training, studies, and relevant working experience.
- Deep knowledge of merchandising and retail/ecommerce supply and operations topics and broad knowledge of other functional areas involved in the Assortment Planning process
- Experience in managing highly complex processes, involving multiple teams in different geographies
- People management experience is a plus