We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we’re not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
FP&A is a highly visible team that partners with senior leadership to ensure that sound financial decisions are made in order for Thumbtack to achieve financial performance against company goals. The team has a large financial scope and breadth of business partners. We develop insightful analyses and processes around planning, forecasting, and reporting.
The Senior Financial Analyst, G&A will partner with HR, Employee Experience, Recruiting, Finance, and Legal leaders at Thumbtack to help manage and grow the business. The company is growing at a rapid pace and you will play an important role providing thought partnership and decision support to many new initiatives. This role reports to the Director of FP&A.
- Drive the monthly, quarterly, annual forecasts and budgets for all G&A spend, highlighting insightful variance analysis and implications to forecast
- Forecast accurately, not only aligning on assumptions with stakeholders, but understanding what, where, and why we spend
- Evaluate trade offs and financial sensitivities leading to better decision making and scenario planning
- Provide front line support for ad hoc financial analysis requests and inquiries, presenting and visualizing data and insights
- Develop efficiency metrics to help inform growth and set financial context
- Establish and maintain trusting relationships with all key stakeholders
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 4+ years of relevant financial analysis work experience in FP&A, corporate finance, or management consulting
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills, using key tools within Excel and G-Suite
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to partner effectively with stakeholders across the organization
- Experience working for a tech or high-growth public company a plus
- Previous experience working with or administering financial systems (Workday Adaptive Planning, Netsuite)
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.