As the Senior Analyst, Merchandise and Accounting you will prepare timely and accurate financial information, perform monthly account and system reconciliations and various other month-end and year-end closing activities. You will be subject matter expert in vendor rebate management system, and you will work closely with several teams to assist and provide support on system implementations, physical inventory count and vendor rebates. Each day will be challenging, fast paced, meaningful and rewarding.
Specifically, you will :
- Perform month-end and year-end closing activities, including the preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform monthly account analyses as assigned including supplementary reporting and ad-hoc analysis as required
- Prepare weekly/monthly financial performance reports and reconciliations
- Act as key person to liaise with other departments (Merchandising, IT, Inventory Control, Sales Audit, etc.) to resolve any accounting or system issues related to inventory, sales, and margin
- Provide guidance and assistance during all projects that support Merchandising and Systems initiatives and participate in projects for system implementations, including requirements gathering, develop and execute detailed test plans for user acceptance test
- Oversee the physical inventory count process, work with loss prevention and operations on store processes and ensure inventory control analyst issues count results accurately and on a timely manner
- Be the subject matter expert and point of contact on all finance matters relate to vendor rebates management system (VRM)
- University degree (B.A.) with commerce/business administration focus or equivalent in work experience is required.
- CPA designation
- Expert working knowledge in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting. Experience with Oracle is an asset.
- Previous experience with warehouse management systems, i.e. AS/400 is an asset
- Ability to interpret large amounts of financial and non-financial data and summarize it to present meaningful information to various levels of management
- Hybrid work environment both onsite and offsite
Location(s) CA-ON-Richmond Hill
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.