Who we are
Northern Trust is a preeminent global financial institution that provides asset servicing, investment management and wealth management services for institutions, high-net-worth individuals and families. For more than 130 years, our success has been anchored in one purpose: to serve as our clients’ most trusted financial partner, guarding and growing their assets as though they are our own. Our market-leading technological capabilities—spanning from artificial intelligence for currency management, blockchain for fund administration and cloud-based solutions to deliver personalized wealth management services—allow us to deliver the highest level of service to our clients with speed and precision.
What we do
Northern Trust’s international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
Northern Trust is proud to serve the Australian community with global capabilities, meaningful insights and exceptional service. Institutional clients across Asia Pacific have relied on Northern Trust for effective solutions and ethical guidance across asset servicing and asset management since 1986.
Australian Investment Accounting ( AIA) provides valuation, accounting and administration services to Australian superannuation and Global Fund Services investment manager clients. The Australian investment accounting department delivers fund accounting, net asset values, fund administration and reporting services to clients.
This role is part of the Australia Investment Accounting (AIA) team in Melbourne. You will be responsible for oversight of the Unit Pricing and Unit Registry function for all AIA Clients. Unit Pricing is completed in Bangalore and Manila, with the Melbourne office completing final sign-off and providing a first point of contact for the client. The Consultant will be required to work closely with the AIA teams in all three locations and to work closely with the external clients. In addition the role has responsibility over the Hard Close / month end process.
You will report to Team Leader, Fund Accounting.
What you will do
- Ensure timely and accurate reports to AIA clients
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency, direct liaison with clients whilst supporting the team manager in ensuring operational efficiency
- Complete Hard Close / month end process in Melbourne while working on streamlining the process
- Liaise professionally with Internal Departments, Manila and Bangalore Unit Pricing, Bangalore Unit Registry, Auditors, and other internal teams
- Communicate effectively both orally & in written form with internal departments and external bodies
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client and/or internal business impact.
- Previous experience in a similar role with unit pricing experience; you will be technically sound in this area of expertise and have broader knowledge of other areas
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Numerical and computer literacy (including spreadsheet skills) – (e.g. Excel, Word)
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required; demonstrate innovation.
As of 31 December 2021, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $16.2 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $12.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.6 trillion in assets under management
- $184 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience. Which Is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2022:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg, 2022 (5th consecutive year)
- Top ranking of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s, Corporate Equality Index, 2022 (For the 15th consecutive year, Northern Trust has scored 100% and earned the designation as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality”)
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes charity participation days. For families, we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.