CLA is hiring Seasonal Tax Reviewers for our Tax Center of Excellence.
Do you want to work with a nationally recognized public accounting and professional services firm? Are you a talented tax professional that is looking to maintain your skills and professional progress yet still enjoy a flexible work from home schedule?
Join our professional services organization, keep your skills sharp and work during select times of the year and stay engaged in the industry and connected with peers year round. We’re hiring a core group of casual status staff (seasonal) who will work during peak busy seasons (early January thru mid-April). This core group of professionals will primarily review tax returns based on experience and may provide other basic accounting services with prior experience. While we ask for a minimum of 20 hours per week, this position could be flexible up to 40 hours (or more!) depending upon candidate preference and business needs.
We are looking to create a core group of reviewers with the opportunity available to become part of an annual recurring seasonal team if so desired. If you are looking for experience during our peak season with opportunities for continuing tax education during the year, then come join the CLA Seasonal Tax Team.
Positions are available in our Midwest region offices – Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota and North Dakota.
Work Activities & Accountabilities:
- Review individual and entity tax returns.
- Frequently interface with client personnel to review and apply accounting and tax principles
- Contact clients by phone or email to gather necessary information
- Review files to ensure that they possess the necessary signatures, contain the necessary supporting documentation, and comply with filing due dates
- Obtain proper filing extensions when necessary
- Perform detailed review on tax returns, research, and compliance work with an emphasis on calculations, accounting theory, and tax law compliance, depending on experience
- Perform all work in compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Maintain technical tax skills through on the job training and participation in internal tax training sessions
- Other duties may be assigned
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- 2 or 4-year accounting degree or equivalent experience preferred but not required
- 1-2 plus years of tax return review experience preferred but not required
- CPA, JD, or EA license required
- Prior experience with a public accounting and/or professional services firm preferred
- Strong analytical skills to enable effective decision-making
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Excellent client service orientation with an ability to handle pressure in a positive, professional manner
Our approach to compensation emphasizes collaboration and career growth. We pay competitive wages and view compensation as an investment in our people. Factors such as geography, experience, education, skills, and knowledge may impact position of pay within the range. These same factors may cause starting pay to be below or above the posted range. For Colorado, the posted range for this role is $50 – $70.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.