Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The program is in the Northern Triangle and in the area of justice, rule of law and corruption. Project services include a grants program.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.**
The Project Manager is responsible for managing administrative, contractual, financial, and logistical aspects of the project. They will report to the Senior Project Manager.
- Participate in a fast-tracked project start-up.
- Manage project finances (including level of effort usage) and approval requirements, track incoming costs, project future expenditures, review monthly client vouchers, and prepare financial reports.
- Track and ensure on-time completion of client deliverables and other tasks across multiple ongoing activities.
- Coordinate contractual and financial matters for the project, including managing subcontractors.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and onboarding of short-term technical consultants and long-term local staff.
- Coordinate logistics and travel for home office employees and short-term technical consultants.
- Collaborate with the full MSI project team, including the Chief of Party, Senior Project Manager, Technical Director and an additional half-time Project Manager to ensure timely, high-quality deliverables, including but not limited to evaluation and periodic reports, design proposals, and presentations.
- Participate in the formatting and editing of deliverables, ensuring USAID branding and high-quality visuals are incorporated.
- Support technical work and grants as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in international development, economics, finance, or a related field.
- A minimum two years of relevant work experience on USAID projects or other donors is required.
- Excellent budgeting and financial management skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues required, including managing above as well as below.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
- Knowledge and familiarity with USAID regulations preferred.
- Spanish proficiency required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.