Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The role builds, operates and improves commonly required capabilities to create and run applications in a modern way.
Supports and consults business IT teams about the usage of these platform(s) and services to focus on delivering value at high speed.
- Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organisation’s planning and operations.
- Recognises and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
- Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
Emerging technology monitoring
- Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organization.
- Contributes to the creation of reports, technology road mapping and the sharing of knowledge and insights.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Contributes to selection of the software development approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues’ work.
- Designs components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Identifies and evaluates alternative design options and trade-offs.
- Creates multiple design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the architecture and to handle both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Models, simulates or prototypes the behaviour of proposed systems components to enable approval by stakeholders.
- Produces detailed design specification to form the basis for construction of systems. Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications.
- Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database and data warehouse concepts, design principles, architectures, software and facilities.
- Assesses proposed changes to object/data structures, in order to evaluate alternative options.
- Implements physical database designs to support transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
- Implements data warehouse designs that support demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
- Reviews requirements and specifications, and defines test conditions.
- Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Analyses and reports test activities and results.
- Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work.
Systems integration and build
- Defines the software modules needed for an integration build and produces a build definition for each generation of the software.
- Accepts completed software modules, ensuring that they meet defined criteria.
- Produces software builds from software source code for loading onto target hardware.
- Configures the hardware and software environment as required by the system being integrated.
- Produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records and reports on outcomes.
- Diagnoses faults and records and reports on the results of tests. Produces system integration reports.
- Configures software and equipment and tests platform-specific versions of one or more software products.
- Reports the outcome of testing and identifies potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs and standards.
Service level management
- Performs defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information.
- Analyses service records against agreed service levels regularly to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service, and initiates or reports these actions.
Release and deployment
- Assesses and analyses release components.
- Provides input to scheduling.
- Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic – and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
- Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 5-year experience in IT
- 2 years of experience in relevant area
- 1 year of experience in team management
- Understanding of different culture
- Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets