Job title Manager – Payroll Transition
The Payroll Transition Manager is centrally responsible to drive all the transition initiatives of EY
GDS for the Payroll service line. The role will draw on prior experience of project management,
business analysis and change management expertise to of successfully run high profile transitions
large clients’ data from multiple geographies. An in-depth understanding BPO/ shared services
environment and exposure to the Payroll domain is a must. The role supports the initiatives of the
Global Payroll engagements.
- Define standards, processes, and controls that ensure Implementation, Operations and Client
level readiness for transition from implementation to operational production.
- Develop and communicate operational standards that are to be used during implementation
that aid in a sustainable operational solution for our client
- Determine methods and tools for validation of implementation configurations in accordance with
- Develop client facing materials that orient and prepare the client for a successful understanding
and execution of transition to operational production including training, tools, processes, contact
lists, escalation procedures, operational performance measures, etc.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering project cost, schedule and quality
- Effectively identify, manage, resolve and mitigate key risks and issues impacting the project
- Work with internal teams to ensure effective procedures are established for setup of internal and
external systems, tools, and processes as part of the client transition process.
- Act as an escalation point to provide input and approval for exception based service
- Define ongoing key performance measures that identify and report on client satisfaction and team
performance related to transition activities.
- Continually evaluate and improve transition to service training, documentation, and procedures
based on client and team member feedback.
- Assist Implementation and Operations with determining resource needs and allocations based
on client solution and scope of service.
- Interview, on board, develop and grow talent that continually meets or exceeds job requirements.
Functional & Technical skills
- End-to-end Payroll knowledge is a must. Thorough understanding of upstream and
downstream processes that impact Payroll.
- Should have managed multi-country Payroll transitions in a shared service environment.
- Flexibility and good team working skills
- Strong in both written and verbal communications
- Highly organized with excellent customer service skills and comfortable in a client facing
- Strong IT skills and can adapt quickly to working with new technologies
- Proven capability to define, document and rollout procedures and processes across multiple
departments and/or groups.
- Ability to effectively engage with prospects or clients to properly position the value and scope
of services provided by the team.
- Ability to work with internal/external customers globally and/or virtual basis.
- Ability to develop standard transition methodology, tools and templates.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate or Post Graduate in Accounting/ Finance. MBA or Business Management skills
- An overall 10 -12 years’ experience with at least 8 years of relevant hands on experience on
Human Capital or Payroll transitions for large organizations.
- PMP certification will be advantage.