Who we are looking for
The AVP, Client Service is responsible for servicing client relationships and day to day oversight of client service operations for Canadian Asset Owners (Pensions, Government, Corporate, Institutional). As a Client Service lead, the AVP will develop and grow relationships with clients, as a trusted service provider, by demonstrating strong knowledge and understanding of State Street processes in addition to industry best practices. The AVP will also work closely with internal business units, facilitating communication and collaboration, to deliver timely and effective client solutions. In addition, the AVP will provide guidance, leadership, and mentorship to other members of the Client Service team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Under moderate supervision, reporting to MD, Client Service, lead client service relationship(s) of assigned accounts.
- Ensures client issues are satisfactorily resolved by responding to and escalating client inquiries as appropriate.
- Coordinate and deliver a sound and well documented client service governance model,
- Lead regular client operational calls, tracking of projects, initiatives, and issues. In support design proper agenda, minutes and tracking.
- Coordinate the delivery of Key Performance Indicator (“KPI”) reporting.
- Oversee Client Service Delivery to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements and KPIs.
- Provide overall project support and project management direction for new and changing client investment strategies, technology initiatives.
- Identify and implement consistent best practices; providing experienced guidance to the Client Service team.
- In concert with the Client RMs, Client Service and Client Service Delivery identify, escalate and work to resolve specific service delivery issues.
- Proactively monitor service delivery KPIs to detect issues upfront, working with internal parties to remedy.
- Manage and /or support regular internal virtual team calls.
- Where applicable, collaborate with global teams to deliver a consistent and seamless client experience.
- Work with RMs, MD Client Service & virtual teams to plan and optimize client communications
- Work closely with senior management to keep them informed of new developments, service issues and new business opportunities.
- Review and analyze client profit and loss data for reasonability and investigate identified issues (for clients without RMs).
- Serve on committees and help define and implement new company initiatives.
- Assist with re-bids and new business development efforts as needed; support RFPs and related presentations to prospective new and existing clients.
- Ensure that State Street and the client have a consistent understanding of the fee schedule and embedded terms (for clients without RMs).
- Manage business risks and ensuring customer privacy and security is maintained and manage assigned risk governance tasks to ensure timely completion /resolution.
- Prepare internal risk and compliance profiles and respond to inquiries from client auditors.
- Develop deep understanding of assigned clients and conduct annual client review tasks on client accounts, alerting RMs and MD Client Service of any changes that may increase State Street risk. (e.g. risk assessments, AML / KYC periodic reviews, billing reviews, etc.)
- Look across the organization for benchmarking, learning and adopting best practices; identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Attend training and develop understanding of State Street’s digital strategy and available data tools and solutions.
- Provide project support and project management oversight on the execution of key client and internal strategies.
- Identify opportunities to deliver a superior client experience by streamlining operational models, back to front office, and leveraging new and existing data solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree (business/accounting degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years related financial services or investment operations, fund accounting and custody experience with management responsibility.
- Experience in client service/relationship management, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the regulatory requirements governing the Canadian pension industry.
- Fund accounting experience is an asset.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer skills.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.