Manager of Marketing and Communications
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF) is a charity that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated, collaborative and empowering marketing and communications leader to help drive the ongoing growth and success of the organisation. If you’re a talented marketing and communications manager and want to be a part of developing and strengthening the MHF’s reach and engagement with our priority audiences, this is the role for you.
The MHF has an ongoing commitment to Te Tiriti through guiding and prioritising our work to support the flourishing of Māori. We are a mainstream organisation that seeks to be an effective Te Tiriti partner by making our mahi engaging and effective for Māori.
Reporting to the General Manager of Operations, and leading a team of marketing and communications professionals, this role is responsible for the strategic development of marketing and communications in design and delivery across all MHF programmes of work. It involves on-going collaboration with colleague managers from other disciplines within MHF in the design and delivery of MHF mahi; leading quality delivery by supporting and coaching team leads and developing approaches that ensure MHF tone style and messages are appropriate to the intended audiences and outcomes and are delivered with consistency and quality.
You will be an active member of the management team and your actions will drive the development of an organisational culture that is characterised by organisation-wide thinking, collaboration, accountability, and which embodies the values of the organisation. The role will have significant input into the organisation’s future strategy, direction, delivery and effectiveness.
If you have an understanding of health issues in Aotearoa New Zealand and the impact changes in social, economic, political and environmental policy can have on those issues, we would love to hear from you.
You will have:
- Excellent understanding of and experience in the use of social marketing and media to disseminate information and influence attitudes and behaviours
- In depth knowledge of communications and marketing elements including social media and digital media, media relations, copy and resource development and design.
- Strong operational management disciplines and practices associated with budget management, contract management, project management and people management.
- Proven leadership, coaching, relationship and collaboration skills and experience.
- Knowledge of public health concepts.
- A strong understanding of and proven commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Existing knowledge of and willingness to grow and extend knowledge of te ao Māori and te reo Māori.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer
- A vibrant, open-plan office based in the heart of Mt Eden
- A positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements, including summer hours (half-day Fridays during daylight savings)!
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga – fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha – respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whānaungatanga – trusted relationships, whānau-centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti – innovation
- Toitū – sustainability.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness – or tāngata mātau-ā-wheako – and are an EEO employer.
The salary range for this position is $100,000 – $130,000 and will be commensurate to the successful candidates’ skills and experience for the role.
This role is based in Auckland.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete your application here with a resume and cover letter, and there you will find a copy of the job description.
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th August at 5pm.
8 total views, 8 today