This bilingual opportunity is also available on MNP’s Postes avec expérience job board in French. Please submit one application only to be considered for this opportunity. Thank you
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial – this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Indirect Tax team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll identify benefit entitlements and develop customized federal and local indirect tax strategies that minimize clients’ tax liability while maintaining regulatory compliance.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Work closely with senior managers, partners and service line leaders on a variety of indirect tax engagements.
- Lead small, medium and large engagements.
- Actively participate in conference calls and service line meetings.
- Collaborate with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Revenu Québec (RQ) on tax matters affecting clients.
- Regularly participate in consultation or representation mandates with CRA and RQ.
- Interpret indirect tax legislation (GST, HST, QST or PST) in the context of moderate to very complex issues and be able to explain the applicable rules in layman’s terms.
- Identify new indirect tax opportunities and present them to other service lines and clients.
- Build a strong network to contribute to MNP’s business development and growth in Quebec and across Canada.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, law or related field.
- CPA designation, Lawyer or Notary.
- Master’s degree in taxation, graduate microprogram in commodity taxes or successful completion of CPA Canada’s Indirect Tax Fundamentals Course.
- Five (5) years of experience in a law firm or the equivalent in business.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel sporadically in Quebec and Canada.
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (French, English).
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.