Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial – this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance & Accounting team as a Manager in Agriculture. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide comprehensive, tailored financial information that enables clients to make informed decisions with confidence.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the agricultural industry through interactions with clients, key agricultural leaders in the community and fellow colleagues
- Develop a referral base from effectively networking with contacts and other professionals and generate new contacts
- Participate in strategically identified MNP business development events and develop the ability to engage target audience at these events
- Effectively network to develop relationships with MNP experts in all service lines and niches
- Develop ability to ensure clients and targets have the information they need in order to make decisions and to accept additional services that add value
- Develop ability to recognize and capitalize on opportunities to sell services
- Develop ability to provide alternatives to client or target and effectively explain how each alternative can address their needs and how the engagement will be affected
- Convey messages in a clear and concise manner to small and/or medium audiences
- Encourage team members to have a strong work ethic and commitment to client service excellence
- Encourage positive contributions and solution focused discussions when issues may arise
- Provide ongoing, timely and specific, positive and constructive feedback to enhance team member skills and job performance, both informally and at formal performance meetings
- Effectively liaise between leadership and team
- Accept accountability for overall engagement completions and ensure all deadlines are communicated and met
- Achieve appropriate turnaround on engagements
- Complete assigned engagements within budget/parameters
- Delegate tasks for optimum engagement leverage
- Issue invoices according to the billing policy
- Monitor work-in-progress (WIP) and engagement budgets in accordance with WIP policy
- Adhere to quality assurance and risk management practices when seeking improvements in engagements and/or methodologies
- Respond to client requests, issues and concerns in a professional and timely manner, seeking guidance when necessary
- Develop ability to understand unique features of clients’ business/industry
- Maintain technical competence by continuing to participate in professional education programs and training sessions
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and application of MNP standards for engagement performance
- Review others’ work for accuracy and completeness
- Apply professional judgement when making non-routine decisions and seek guidance where appropriate
Skills and Experience
- Two (2) years of experience post CPA designation; preference will be given to those who have experience working in a public accounting services Firm
- Previous accounting work with agricultural clients and working knowledge of Government Farm Income Programs will be considered an asset
- Some travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.