Requisition ID: 258301
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Brisbane, QLD
Bechtel is looking for an experienced Workforce Services Lead to join us to manage the industrial relations components for both the feasibility and execution phases of a major program of works for one of our key clients.
Initially based out of Bechtel’s Brisbane office, it is envisioned this role will eventually transition to a FIFO (fly in/fly) out site-based role to support field execution work.
What we offer:
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and rewarding local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering employees the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
With a competitive salary package and annual discretionary performance bonus scheme in place, employee wellbeing is also at the centre of our business – promoted through private health cover and includes access to specialist medical advice (‘Best Doctors’) and a leading employee assistance program.
We are serious about setting you up for success from the very beginning. Experience an established online onboarding process, gain access to learning and development opportunities via the Bechtel University and participate in our Talent Management and Reward and Recognition programs.
Core responsibilities of your role:
Office Based Role
- Develop personnel onboarding system, tracking and processes for the project including contractor management and associated checklists
- Establish project competency matrix and validation tools
- Assist with contractors/subcontractors’ evaluations in consultation with project functions
- Analyse workforce accommodation and transport requirements including logistics
- Assist with compilation of various project plans including mobilisation
- Proactive management and consultation with client on industrial matters including
Site Based Role
- Liaise with and provide support to (Project) Management and Superintendents to effect a consistent approach to Project industrial / employee relations systems
- Develop and maintain professional and effective working relationships with construction and unions
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Establish sustainability and community relations training requirements and develop and manage the delivery of training
- Utilise a broad knowledge of Industrial Relations activities and administrative practices to resolve any industrial relations disputes or grievances on the project
- Along with the jobsite safety representative, responsible for field implementation of Environmental, Safety and Health programs as they pertain to craft personnel.
- Willingness and ability to work FIFO rosters, travelling to/from various office/project site locations within Australia.
- Effective organisational, administrative, reporting and operating systems/computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations or other relevant discipline from an accredited university.
- Previous senior industrial/employee relations role and on site (remote) construction industry experience essential.
- Experience in dealing with unions. Knowledge of organizational structure and work practices of labour unions.
- Experience in performing labour relations functions on a construction project or in an office.
- Working knowledge of labour contract negotiation strategies and tactics.
- Strong influencing skills. Sound negotiation and mediation skills. Good communicator (verbal and written).
Offers of employment will be conditional upon successful completion of a medical examination (including but not limited to a functional exam and drug and alcohol testing).
Demonstrated project front end or feasibility study execution experience will be considered highly advantageous.
While it is preferable your point of origin is Brisbane, QLD we are open to consider other home locations in Australia – subject to client approval, and your ability to effectively and efficiently travel to/from the project (i.e. both project office and site) locations as per the applicable project roster.
Please note, Right to Work in Australia without employer sponsorship is required for this role.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, so don’t delay in applying to join the Bechtel team! Everyone who applies will receive a response.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.