Neora, LLC has established a direct sales business model that provides our products to customers around the globe via thousands of direct sales Brand Partners, resulting in aggressive growth and success since the company’s founding in 2011. Neora is positioned for continued growth both domestically and internationally. Neora is based in Dallas, Texas with the basic functional areas including a call center in the corporate office. We also have entities established in Canada and Mexico (2014), South Korea (2015), Australia (2016), Hong Kong, Colombia, New Zealand, and Singapore (2018).
The position of Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis centers on the development and analysis of financial models as well as pricing models for executive management, including, and not limited to, strategic plans, annual budgets, financial reporting, analysis, and forecasts. The candidate must be able to analyze the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows, compare variances to actual results with emphasis on KPIs, and seek to identify and resolve data inconsistencies. Candidate will work closely with Controller to bridge any gaps in financial reporting. The role functions as a checks and balances role for all payments of commissions based on the company’s compensation plan to field brand partners
This is a highly visible position that directly interacts with executive leadership, internal stakeholders, and team members. As such, this role requires strong written and verbal communication, collaboration, and the ability to work as part of a team across a decentralized organization.
Specific Accountabilities/Essential Functions of Position
- Reports to Chief Financial Officer to develop and maintain a multi-entity budget, and forecast models for use in the strategic planning and ongoing business evaluation processes
- Maintains the monthly forecast and forecast revisions
- Develops ad hoc and on-going financial analysis, forecasts, and models that assist the business in making decisions, effectively communicating trends and outcomes to senior management
- Provides senior leaders with meaningful and insightful budget and forecast reports that explain variances and reflect business acumen
- Influences multiple markets through the development of entity level budgets and forecasts, grounded in historical data, trends, and expectations
- Supports the monthly and quarterly external reporting process, including operational reporting and the development of materials for field relations
- Develops and creates various reports and associated analysis for senior management ensuring accuracy and relevance to the business
- Maintains complete knowledge of all Neora Accounting and Finance policies and procedures
- Coordinates cross-functional deliverables via development and maintenance of a global financial calendar and detailed financial task list
- Supports Controller and CFO, in evaluation of potential acquisitions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA, MBA or master’s degree in Finance or Accounting is highly preferred; however, additional years of experience would be considered as an alternative to a graduate degree
- Minimum of 5-8 years of overall professional work experience, including 3-5 years of experience in FP&A related roles
- Superior analytical and time management skills
- Able to design, implement, improve, maintain standard reports for multiple operations
- Able to create ad-hoc financial models
- Able to prepare and analyze detailed financial statements and key financial metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, working with cross-functional teams in multiple geographies across varying time zones
- Curiosity to ask the question “why”
- Enthusiasm for solving problems, delivering on projects, and documenting processes
- Ability take initiative, work independently, and manage through ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed rigid deadlines and complete deliverables across multiple simultaneous high-intensity projects
- Technical and business knowledge to include advanced financial modeling and analysis using Microsoft Excel; proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications is also required, including but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, Access, and SharePoint
- Prior experience with ERP environments and planning in database tools (SAP Business 1) SQL,
- Prior experience in the Direct Sales Industry highly desirable
- AXIOM ideal but not required
Applicable Core Competencies
- Integrity – Be honest, dependable, maintaining a strong work ethic; work diligently, follow company policies, respect co-workers, build trust and exhibit professional and responsible behavior
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Encourage an Entrepreneurial Spirit – Believe in your dreams enough to get outside your comfort zone. Remember to live life on your own terms.
- Create a Positive Team Spirit and Family Atmosphere – A positive spirit is a valuable asset, and we aspire to use it every day. For Neora, the cliché’ “the family who plays together, stays together” is way of life. We take our work seriously, but we are also a fun-loving family.
- Be Determined – In our business, it’s important to stay the course. Our outlook is such that obstacles are only opportunities in disguise.
- Have Fun and Help Others to Have Fun – Neora consist of real people with a can-d attitude who want to create real change. Having fund helps work, which makes us more productive.
- Dream Big and Act on It Daily – Dreams consist of many smaller goals that can be acted up on daily. That’s how Neora grows as a brand, and that’s how we want our people to grow too.
- Embrace and Drive Change – WE know it’s important to stay one step ahead and continually evolve. Change is necessary for growth, as a business and as a person. So, we will always seek new ways to grow and improve.
- Slow Down to Go Fast – Haste makes waste. Slow and steady wins the race. Get the job done right the first time. Quality over quantity. You get the idea.
- Practice Servant Leadership – We believe that the best leaders are givers, not takers. WE help each other and provide selfless service, because that’s what a family does.
- Be Real – At Neora, our mantra is real: getting real, being real, and creating real change. But we also want to attract genuine people who can be themselves and have fun.
- Pursue Constant Development Self – No matter how successful or accomplished one might be, there are always more improvements to be made.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Neora is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer