Finance Business Partner, Gove
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- Build relationships that will last a lifetime
- Enjoy the benefits and flexibility of working in a remote location
- Permanent role based in Gove, Northern Territory
East Arnhem land is breath-taking in beauty and home to some of the most amazing marine wildlife. With stunning coastal walking trails and a variety of outdoor activities including fishing, boating, swimming, golf and many more, Gove is a spectacular location offering an outdoor and cultural lifestyle. There are both public and private schools and childcare centres, along with amazing state of the art sporting facilities and clubs such as BMX, Golf, Motocross, Swimming, Rifle and Fishing. Why not make the change today and experience living and working in Gove.
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to be part of a high performing site-based finance team which is committed to adding value to the Gove operations through effective use of business analysis and management accounting. This role will work with multiple stakeholders to provide advice to the operation and support the development and execution of strategic decision making.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner and working in an exciting environment within the Finance function, you will be:
- Be a part of a high performing finance team, partnering to drive business performance, providing decision and execution support to senior leaders and their teams at Rio Tinto’s Gove Operations
- Responsible for site planning, forecasting and reporting of actual results
- Business analysis, including valuation of projects and strategic financial modelling for validation of various business situations
- Partner with stakeholders to proactively drive financial analysis, cost discipline and influence outcomes through providing a decision framework supported by insightful and accurate analysis
- Develop finance capabilities and acumen within the business by working with the functional groups and ensuring fit for purpose system, processes, metrics and reporting
- Provide support and strategic direction for the Gove Bauxite Operation to support financial comprehension and decision making
- Provide financial support and guidance across Gove operations
- Identify financial opportunities and influence outcomes to enhance the performance of the business
What you will bring
- Bachelor and/or professional qualification e.g. CA, CPA.
- Advanced excel skills
- Management accounting or business analysis background
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Team orientated approach to delivery of strategic priorities
- Proven experience in identifying financial opportunities
- Effective presentation skills and ability to present strategic information
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience in use of SAP and the Rio Tinto Business Solution (specifically PAM and MMP)
- Proficiency with business intelligence programs/techniques (Power BI and SQL)
What we offer
- Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Gove accommodation benefit
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Our Gove Operations have been supplying the global aluminium industry with world-class bauxite for more than 40 years. Located in Australia’s Northern Territory, each year the operation produces approximately 12 million tonnes of bauxite.
With a workforce of 460 people, daily activities include mine operations, maintenance, asset management, shutdown planning and execution, export operations, cultural heritage management, and closure activities following our decision to close the site’s alumina refinery and associated Residue Disposal Area in 2017.
We expect our bauxite mining operations on the Gove Peninsula will cease in 2030 and we are undertaking significant work to support closure of the operation. We also recognise our operations take place on Indigenous-owned land, and we are committed to working together to achieve a positive future for Nhulunbuy and the Gove Peninsula post-mining.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on Friday, 1 July 2022 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.