Requisition ID: 258900
- Relocation Authorized: National – Camp
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Brisbane, QLD
Bechtel is looking for an experienced Civil/Structural/Architectural Field Engineer to join us on a FIFO arrangement to manage a broad range of earthworks related construction engineering work for one of our key clients.
During this project you will be expected to provide engineering assistance to superintendents and contractors, develop and manage site specific procedures, direct assigned personnel and contractors in meeting cost and time schedules, as well as verify materials, equipment, and quality, and assure results meet design requirements.
Receiving technical and operational supervision from the Project Field Engineer, you will also interface with the engineering design functional group to identify and resolve design-related issues that may occur in the field.
What we offer:
There are many reasons why choosing to join Bechtel is one of the best career decisions you will ever make. In addition to working with talented, dedicated people and having the opportunity to play an integral role in stimulating and rewarding local and international projects, Bechtel is committed to offering employees the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
With a competitive salary package and annual discretionary performance bonus scheme in place, employee wellbeing is also at the centre of our business – promoted through private health cover and includes access to specialist medical advice (‘Best Doctors’) and a leading employee assistance program.
We are serious about setting you up for success from the very beginning.
Experience an established online onboarding process, gain access to learning and development opportunities via the Bechtel University and participate in our Talent Management and Reward and Recognition programs.
Core responsibilities of your role (include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the activities of assigned construction engineers, such as the application of drawings, specifications, and subcontracts.
- Direct preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Review and/or initiate requisitions for field purchases.
- Supervise preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervise design of temporary construction facilities and ensure preparation of “as built” drawings and other job plans.
- Assist Construction Engineers, Superintendents and Contractors in:
- Interpreting design drawings
- Monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Review specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
- Administer assigned subcontracts to ensure contract remains up to date in areas such as drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
- Coordinate with the Site Construction Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Coordinate with engineering design and third-party engineering on constructability issues.
- Supervise subcontractor work efforts and administers routine subcontract changes and interface with client personnel. May represent the company in contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Review and/or supervise the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyse assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Ensure vendors’ bids for material and equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Coordinate the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the jobsite. Review project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Perform personnel evaluation of assigned personnel and ensure they receive progressive training.
- Willingness and ability to work FIFO rosters, travelling to/from various office/project site locations within Australia.
- Technical knowledge of, and experience in, earthworks field construction engineering discipline, including methodology, cost, scheduling, and contracts administration relating to the construction of infrastructure projects, preferably with bulk material movement, roadway and mass grading elements. This knowledge is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or
- Specialized courses in construction technology and management, and/or
- Prior practical work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
- Safety, quality, cost and outcome focussed.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor’s responsibilities contained within these documents.
- Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors and/or Direct Hire workforce.
Offers of employment will be conditional upon successful completion of a medical examination (including but not limited to a functional exam and drug and alcohol testing).
While it is preferable your point of origin is Brisbane, QLD we are open to consider other home locations in Australia – subject to client approval, and your ability to effectively and efficiently travel to/from the project (i.e. both project office and site) locations as per the applicable project roster.
Please note, Right to Work in Australia without employer sponsorship is required for this role.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, so don’t delay in applying to join the Bechtel team! Everyone who applies will receive a response.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.