- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of all hospital and subsidiary financial and statistical data entered and reported to all sources. Duties include, but are not limited to: ensuring accuracy of financial data, preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets for the department, supervision of accounting staff, payroll as it relates to recording of expenses to the general ledger and payment of taxes, accounts payable, coordination of annual audit, research of and participation in third party payment issues and reporting, installing and monitoring systems of internal accounting control and coordination of the hospital’s cash management plan.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and punctuality guidelines
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- Demonstrates competency at all levels in providing care to all patients based on age, sex, weight, and demonstrated needs. For non-clinical areas, has attended training and demonstrates usage of age- specific customer service skills.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- 4 year / Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field (Required)
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field (Preferred)
- 7+ years of corporate accounting experience (Required)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Preferred Membership: HFMA
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Read/Comprehend Written Instructions
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and microcomputers required
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivational skills
- Must possess strong supervisory and managerial skills
- Have near normal vision – Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
- Standing – Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Walking – Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Sitting – Frequently within shift (34-66%)
- Lift/carry up to 20 lbs – Occasionally within shift (1-33%)