Your Home Port. The Premier Community on the Great Lakes.
Port Washington is known for offering “a touch of New England charm combined with Midwestern friendliness” and has been named by Midwest Living to their Top 100 Best Midwest Small Town Getaways. Port Washington, today, is a tourist destination with a vibrant downtown and community events.
The City’s population is 12,353 resides within seven square miles including 1.5 square miles of waterfront. The City provides full-city services including Library, Public Safety (Police, Fire, EMS), Engineering, Public Works, Water and Sewer utilities, Building Inspections, Community Development, Parks and Recreation, Marina, Senior Center, Library, Finance, Clerk and Administration. We are a welcoming destination living, working, and visiting that – combined with our core values of accountability, innovation, trust, industriousness, and friendship – create an environment with opportunities to make a positive impact for our community.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director/Treasurer, the Deputy Treasurer is responsible for assisting with daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial activities. The Deputy Treasurer performs general ledger reconciliation, bank reconciliations, and helps maintain the integrity of the financial software. Additionally, the Deputy Treasurer will be responsible for performing all functions related to bi-monthly water billing.
- Oversees annual tax collection, reconciliation, and settlement with the municipality
- Acts as City Treasurer when the Treasurer is unavailable
- Acts as a backup for payroll when HR is unavailable
- Collects water usage data and imports into utility billing software
- Analyzes water data and investigates discrepancies, making corrections as necessary
What does it take to succeed in this role? We’re looking for a motivated individual with excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn. You should also have:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- Two (2) or more years of accounting, bookkeeping, or financial record keeping experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license is required
- Previous experience with miPay Online and Civic/Caselle software is preferred
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
The City of Port Washington offers an excellent benefits package, including inclusion in the state WRS pensive plan, and ample opportunities for professional development. The starting salary range is $45,490.00 to $57,565.00 per year.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,490.00 – $57,565.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, or Finance: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location