Are you passionate about bubble tea businesses?
Are you someone who always thrives to grow and accomplish more?
If yes, join us today!
If not now, when?
If not me, who?
Founded in Toronto, Real Fruit Bubble Tea Inc. (“RFBT”) has been committed to making fresh fruit drinks healthy and accessible for anyone to enjoy since 2002. We currently have 83 locations across Canada and USA. As a rapidly expanding business, we want you to join our team and grow with us! There is huge potential for growth, and we welcome anyone who is up to a challenging yet rewarding journey!
Reporting to the Executive Director and above, the Construction Manager (New Store development) will oversee the entire construction and new store development. He/she will manage a team of engineering officers and project coordinators and collaborating with other internal and external teams to ensure that all existing stores and new stores are up to RFBT’s standards and fulfill all regulations of the landlords and local governments. The overall objective of the Project Manager is to ensure that all existing and new stores are aligned with RFBT’s goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clear and concise instructions to construction officers and project coordinators and ensure their activities been scheduled efficiently and productively on daily base.
- Provide timely follow up, feedback and evaluation to construction officers and project coordinators.
- Introduce, setup and execute an efficient Construction Management System to supervise and guide construction team, manage day-in-day-out construction activities and monitor all projects.
- Procure new stores and develop comprehensive storefront plans.
- Travel frequently to oversee renovation projects for existing stores and development of new stores in North America, particularly those in other provinces of Canada and the East Coast of the USA.
- Develop and review comprehensive project plans and specifications that outline the scope and timeline of the build.
- Research materials, supplies, equipment and tools that are necessary and appropriate for store operational needs and standards.
- Supervise the work of multiple teams to ensure that work is done correctly and keep stakeholders in the project informed of its progress.
- Collaborate with all departmental needs and projects.
- Collaborate with the interior designer, coordinator, engineers, general contractors, landlords and related local governments to ensure that the project is completed according to pre-determined needs and aesthetics.
- Execute and adapt strategies for accomplishing projects on time.
- Negotiate all vendors’ contracts or agreements per construction projects and plan a budgetary proposal and adapting it as the project progresses to ensure that they finish within budget.
- Manage vendor contracts and help ensure that the appropriate building permits are attained and ensure the building permits are closed properly and timely after the project completion.
- Organize, collect, and pass all projects’ contracts/agreements and necessary department invoices to the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Develop construction department’s long-term strategies to support the fast expansion of RFBT business in North America.
- Comply with all other duties as per your direct superior’s advice and instructions.
Ideal Candidate Competencies
- Attitude: proven entrepreneur spirit of working “on-floor” spontaneously, as to motivate and propel the frontline personnel in person and to serve as the role model for co-workers.
- Results-Oriented: demonstrates the ability to consistently perform optimal business results by meeting deadlines and achieving pre-determined goals.
- Communication: effectively conveys necessary information and ideas in concise and meaningful exchanges through verbal and written communications.
- Teamwork/Collaboration effectively develops healthy relationships with co-workers and encourages idea-sharing that assists to accomplish goals.
- Initiative: proactively seeking opportunities to work outside of job scope to assist various business departments and demonstrates the ability to always go beyond what is required to achieve goals.
- Personal Adaptability: demonstrates the ability to welcome and embrace changes and effectively adjusts to newly altered environment within the business.
Expectations of the Successful Candidate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the engineering field
- 5+ years of construction project management experience required, with experience in global brand experience chains in food industry preferred
- Experience with design, architecture, construction, main fence, and renovations required
- Ability to interpret blueprints and strong understanding of the technical and mechanical skills related to this field
- Proven supervisory, interpersonal, and technical skills
- Exceptional ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to think outside-the-box to solve problems on the go
- Excellent communications skills in English (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills – Mandarin, Cantonese, and/or French an asset
- Strong time management, organization, and leadership skills
- Must be able to travel frequently in Canada and USA, with a valid driver’s licence
Perks of the Role
- Mileage/Company Car
- Performance-based bonuses
- Extended health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- And much more!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond Hill, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Construction management: 5 years (required)
Willingness to travel: