This position requires understanding/experience in products and services typically offered by the financial services industry in those lines of businesses as well as knowledge of Argentina regulatory requirements. The role demands strong collaboration skills.
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with presence in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporates, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With over $23 trillion of assets under custody and $440 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Payments is among the world’s largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers in one of the most dynamic and rapidly transforming spaces in financial services. In addition to providing international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, FX, escrow solutions, merchant services and trade finance, we continue to invest in future-growth initiatives, such as blockchain, AI & ML, as well as form partnerships with rising fintechs to expand our client base and product offerings.
Boasting more than 135,000 clients in over 180 countries, J.P. Morgan Payments offers specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable J.P. Morgan Payments to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are across the world.
- Oversee the business’ compliance with laws, regulations and applicable policies. Drafting of regulatory documentation, and related local policies and procedures.
- Oversee implementation of applicable global compliance policies and procedures as well as regulatory changes in the country
- Analyze, assess and monitor current and emerging compliance risks and applicable controls
- Liaise with internal auditors and regulators and handle regulatory inquiries and exams
- Partner with Legal, Audit and Risk Management and establish effective relationships with the Business
- Assist the business and support functions for day-to-day compliance related questions or issues
- Plan and deliver Compliance related training
- Participate in the review and approval of compliance risks associated with new business initiatives.
- Execute Compliance owned activities/controls
- Build and maintain key relationships across the wider Compliance department, establishing a culture of engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in law, accounting, economics, finance or other related subjects
- 3 + years of prior experience in Compliance or related experience (e.g. risk management, audit, etc.) in the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of local regulatory requirements for Account Opening, EChecks, Overdrafts, Local Payments, Channels, SWIFT, Trade Products, FX transactions.
- Experience in liaising with financial regulators and key country level regulators
- Ability to engage, collaborate with and influence broad stakeholder group that includes business leaders and other control functions locally and globally
- Ability to deliver high quality results as part of a geographically dispersed global compliance team
- Ability to make sound decisions, including escalation when appropriate
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proactive and team oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal and management skills with proven ability to build and lead high performing teams
- Fluent in Spanish and English (spoken and written)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.