This position will report to the Plant Manager
This position provides Global Engineering with a site-based engineering leader who is responsible for providing enduring technical excellence across a number of operational functions for SC Johnson. The incumbent will have a leadership role with technical contributions for local initiatives. This position requires strong personal initiative to identify opportunities and implementing Best Practice across the SC Johnson’s manufacturing site.
DESIRED SKILL REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE
Required bachelor’s degree with preference in Engineering Fields or any other suitable technical
EDUCATIONAL & TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or any related field with 3 – 5 years of engineering experience and project management.
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC Factories)
- Responsible for safety and the adherence to policies and regulations to ensure that all engineering tasks are performed in a safe manner.
- Oversees the project design & implementation of team members. Directs department activities to design new processes, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Sets direction for Capital Investment for future replacement, new lines or factory development projects. Prepares detailed capital budget forecasts for the site and works directly with the regional Capital & Asset Management Leader for roll-up into full S.C. Johnson’s Capital Expenditure Plan.
- Leads local engineering standardization for Global Engineering as related to projects and processes in order to provide common tools for estimating, project documentation, and equipment evaluation to improve speed to market on new products.
- Drives the development and implementation of Engineering Best Practices throughout the site.
- Provides feasible process, controls and packaging solutions, as well as associated capital estimates and timelines for new marketing initiatives by coordinating with regional Engineering, Technical Platform Experts, machine suppliers and internal customers.
- Provides engineering support activities for manufacturing facility, which include major capital projects, equipment upgrades, facility expansion and/or upgrades, major equipment and system purchases as well as installations.
- Investigates, drives, and provides technical leadership in implementing cost saving projects, DTV, OEE Improvements and LEAN to existing processes and support systems in the region.
- Work with regional Engineering and key equipment suppliers to improve the flexibility of all processes to meet evolving needs.
- Create a managed strategic network of local external technical resources, equipment suppliers.
- Participates in the development of engineering staff to raise the level of engineering competence in key processes.
- Confers with management, production, and/ other cross function departmental staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
EXPERIENCE REGARDED AS A RECOMMENDATION:
Experience managing engineering or technical professionals and experience in the CPG, Food/Beverage, or pharmaceutical industries would be seen as assets, but are not absolute requirements.
The individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Project Management – Develops project plans and communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and within budget.
- Communication – Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities which fosters group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Visionary Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, sets goals and objectives.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas.
SKILL DIMENSIONS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
Depending on site archetype, may
- Directly supervises employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with S.C. Johnson’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include:
- Acquiring technical talents
- Planning, assigning, and overseeing technical projects
- Performance review and rewarding process
- Foster a team working environment
- Capital Budget Management
- Implement and deliver support on the Engineering work process and usage of Early management tools.
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™