Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Assistant Controller opening with Terre Haute Regional Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
401K(100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
We are seeking a(an) Assistant Controller for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Position summary: This position is designed to oversee and report to Controller on all Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Sarbanes Oxley related issues. The position also supervises payroll function at the hospital level, which includes the oversight of the two frontline payroll contacts. Works very closely with the Controller and CFO in all hospital operations.
- Must be able to supervise others and work closely with Department Heads and Administration.
- Maintains strong communication, listening, coordination and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates awareness and application of all safety procedures while on duty.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to plan and coordinate the work day so as to accomplish required tasks accurately.
- Demonstrates behaviors that are relative to the HCA Mission and Values Statement: “We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.”
- Oversees all and assists in preparing month end-closing procedures. Reviews chief accountant’s daily work product including month-end close documents and journal entries produced by accounting staff.
- Works closely with other department heads, to assist with any accounting function related questions.
- Oversees and assists in preparing all internal audit work papers.
- Oversees and prepares all Medicare and Medicaid work papers.
- Oversees all daily operations in Accounting, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Reviews all Accounts Payable and payment packages
- Assists, as needed, in the preparation of the hospital budget and the annual hospital business plan.
- Oversees and assists in the preparation of all Sarbanes Oxley key controls including monthly, quarterly, and yearly key controls. Expected to maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements related to the Hospital
- Assists in supervising the daily activities of interns working in the accounting department.
- Serves as a point of contact for all consolidated hospital services including payroll, AP, and Patient Accounting Services.
- Assists in overseeing and prepares all year-end work papers.
- Assists the Controller in interviewing and hiring new employees within stated policy guidelines.
- Prepares journal entries for Medicare.
- Attend Code of Conduct training course annually
- Demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to HCA’s Code of Conduct
- Demonstrates conduct that is reflective of THRH’s commitment to HCA’s Code of Conduct
- Understands and satisfies the needs of the patient population appropriate to the age of the patient served (adults, geriatric, adolescent, pediatric, and parents of neonates)
- Adheres to the Standards of Behavior for Terre Haute Regional Hospital as per the Customer Relations Policy
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with emphasis in Accounting
- Minimum of five years experience in accounting
- At least two years experience in hospital accounting preferred
- Physical demands: This position will require you to lift 10 pounds or less frequently, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Manual Dexterity (eye/hand coordination). Hear alarm/phone/recording device. Repetitive wrist movements. Finger dexterity. Acuity – Far, Acuity – Near, Communication – written/verbal, Manage stress appropriately. Handle multiple priorities. Make decisions under pressure. Work alone. Manager anger/fear/hostility/violence.
- Work environment: Inside – Worker spends approximately 75% or more of time inside. Inside work has good ventilation and comfortable temperature. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized, such as in a Disaster, under which anyone, anywhere might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency medical care or first aid or to be potentially exposed in some other way. Tasks that involve handling of implements or utensils, use of public or shared bathroom facilities or telephones, and personal contacts such as handshaking are Category III tasks.
- OSHA Category III: The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Position is not required to perform or assist in emergency medical care or first aid or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
- Cultural Competencies: Employee supports facility diversity initiatives; communicates with people of all cultures in ways that build trust and respect; and completes mandatory education on cultural diversity.
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience:
Valued but not required educational/licensure, skills and experience:
Physical demands and the work environment:
Terre Haute Regional Hospital
has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient’s access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is a leading acute care facilities in Indiana. Terre Haute is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Joint Commission. We have provided quality care to the Wabash Valley community for 135 years. Services include the region’s only Level-II trauma center, cardiovascular services-including open-heart surgery and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion; labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; an inpatient behavioral health unit; and other specialized inpatient areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, people and our community. We are committed to each other. When we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Assistant Controller opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.