Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial – this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our U.S. Corporate Tax team as an Articling Accountant starting in January 2023 or September 2023. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll deliver innovative, strategic plans that address clients’ cross-border needs and minimize tax liability.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript and other applicable forms, as necessary, in 1 document.
Applications for this role will need to be submitted by September 13, 2022 at 11:59PM PST.
- Develop technical skills in areas such as corporate income tax compliance, tax accounting, tax research and writing
- Develop and apply knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, bilateral income tax treaties and related legislation
- Set-up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses, manage multiple files simultaneously and conduct inventory counts
- Research various tax related issues and conclude on their potential implications
- Collect and analyze relevant financial and tax data
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Establish charts of accounts and prepare entries for posting to accounts
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns for various types of entities
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts and highlights
- Collaborate with client engagement team and build relationship with client contacts
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes while effectively using MNP internal programs and systems
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Successfully obtained, or working towards, a Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Working towards all necessary qualifications to write the U.S. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exams, including 150 university credits and applicable Accounting courses.
- Previous tax or accounting related office experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software is preferred
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.