- $76,611 – $95,873 (plus Super)
- Canberra – ACT, Melbourne CBD – VIC
This is an opportunity for finance or systems professionals with strong information technology capabilities to lead a team in a large multi-disciplined team of professionals, supporting finance business stakeholders and systems during a period of major system and organisational reforms. Your key responsibilities may include:
- Manage and support the implementation of financial systems projects or initiatives to improve business processes or related systems.
- Develop project reporting, organisational change, communication artefacts and executive briefs.
- Application of best practice data, information and project governance in support of the finance domain.
- Analysis of complex systems accounting and reporting issues, applying expertise to design, recommend and implement solutions.
- Implementation of data quality strategies and remediation.
- Delivery of complex financial reporting, analytics and advice to government.
- Manage chart of accounts changes.
- Delivery of finance business support to approximately 600 finance staff.
Suitable professional backgrounds for these opportunities include:
- Strong experience with financial systems (major ERP’s like Oracle, SAP and Microsoft) and/or reporting development (e.g. Business intelligence (BI) tools like Cognos/TM1).
- Strong financial background with a passion for analytical and reporting tools, application development, data management or other emerging technologies.
- Experience with applying robotic automation to operational finance processes.
- Strong experience working on financial projects or implementations.
- BI, data analytics or data visualisation or complex data/financial modelling including statistical/mathematical.
- Strong experience with analysing and process mapping corporate/financial processes as a business analyst. User experience/User interface business process mapping.
About our Team
DFG are investing heavily in their financial systems including contributing to the largest ERP (SAP) implementation project in the Southern Hemisphere. Cognos/TM1, SAP BW, data visualisation and a raft of other BI tools are becoming a critical part of how we plan to put information in the hands of decision makers. We are scratching the surface of what will be a significant BI and automation agenda for years to come. By advancing our systems and processes, and investing in educating our people and our clients, we are improving the awareness and experience of finance across Defence.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team responsible for financial systems business support and the implementation of finance systems changes to enable DFG’s reform agenda. Working across a large, blended financial systems team of more than 35 staff, you will be exposed to:
- Complex financial systems with extensive interfaces and dependencies.
- Financial systems management and systems accounting experience.
- ERP and web application implementations and upgrades.
- BI reporting and development.
- Data and statistical analytics; data modelling and visualisation.
- Data warehousing and reporting.
- Database and application development.
- Business needs and UX/UI analysis and mapping.
- Project management and project support and administration.
- Robotic Process Automation, AI and machine learning.
- e-Invoicing and FBT management tools.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a capable, flexible problem solver with strong analytical and conceptual skills to be part of a multi-disciplined team delivering financial systems business support and financial systems reform initiatives. Core competencies we are targeting include:
- Ability to influence with strong written/verbal communication. Collaborative approach with a strong client focus.
- Builds and sustains stakeholder engagement, including the ability to communicate with influence and negotiate effectively. Influence and motivate team members and actively lead group activities.
- Improvement focused, strong results orientation, seeks to add value through improving processes and systems.
- Adaptable, flexible, continuous learning approach to their work.
- Strong problem solving and analytical approach with conceptual capabilities and flexible approach.
- Analyses and interprets project performance against agreed plans and develop and evaluate strategies to achieve project outcomes.