Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial – this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Property Tax Services team as an Analyst. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll monitor markets and legislative changes to ensure that clients are utilizing all available programs and incentives to maximize tax recovery potential on real estate.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Conduct real estate market studies
- Liaise with municipalities, real estate brokers, developers, landlords and tenants to ensure information is collected that will assist in the annual determination of real estate values
- Determine real estate values using various appraisal methods
- Communicate research with project lead
- Assist and complete client reports
- Regularly collect and update client information through the request of income / expense statements and rent rolls
- Find innovative solutions to meet client needs
- Travel to client sites for collection of property details
- Identify and propose additional services for existing clients
- Create detailed reporting for assessors, clients, and coworkers
- Deliver clear and well-written deliverables; communicate issues and rationales with practical recommendations for value conclusions
- Develop research skills and become familiar with standard Real Estate valuation methodologies and/or taxation principles
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a focus in Finance, Economics or Legal
- Possess basic knowledge of current legislation and an understanding of how it impacts the taxation of commercial properties
- Basic understanding of Real Estate valuation for assessment purposes
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.