Who we are looking for:
Mainly responsible to deliver daily tasks on a timely basis, including trade processing for clients, reconciliations against prime brokers, and portfolio pricing with market data fed by various vendors.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Middle Office Operations Specialist, Associate 1 you will:
- Involved in operation daily delivery, process enhancement and team management.
- Deliver daily/weekly/monthly tasks including security pricing validation and pricing system maintenance and answer queries from internal parties;
- Pricing verification among multiple data vendors, such as Bloomberg, Reuters and IDC, to ensure clients’ holdings are priced accurately against the market;
- Ensure all internal policies are complied with and manage to document up-to-date procedures;
- Able to drive business projects for process improvement, both in efficiency and in accuracy;
- Capability in prioritizing, good knowledge in various financial products and strong skills in MS excel.
What we value:
- Solid knowledge in financial instruments, including equity, fixed income, swap, OTC derivatives, etc.
- Strong skills in MS excel. Ability to write macros is a plus.
Education & preferred qualifications:
- Degree in Finance, Economy or related field.
- 6 months to 1 year related experience desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numerical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized and Deadline-driven
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.