Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
Ko te whare Pūtaiao | The Faculty of Science are currently seeking a motivated, organised and efficient Administrator, internally referred to as a Group Services Administrator to support Te Kura Mātai Taiao | The School of Environment.
As a Group Services Administrator you will be part of a wider team making sure the administration support required by our academics are being met, this could include anything from processing purchase requests through to examination and teaching support.
Being both student and staff facing you will be a key link to providing the administrative support to our academic staff to ensure they have everything they need to deliver an outstanding experience to our students.
We are often the ‘go-to’ or ‘subject matter experts’ so your organisation and people skills need to be excellent.
This is a fulltime (37.5hours/ week), permanent opportunity, with a salary range of $45,000-$51,600 depending on qualifications and experience.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Position Description.
Mō tō mātou rōpū | About the team
We are a small, passionate and dedicated team. The work you do will have a positive impact on the daily experiences of students and staff across the University of Auckland.
He kōrero mōu | About you
Ideally you will have previous administrative experience in a fast-paced environment with a keen focus on meeting deadlines and delivering great customer service
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- You will be a “people person” and will not be afraid to ask questions or follow up with stakeholders
- You will be a confident user of Microsoft Word, Excel and can pick up other systems quickly
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage a busy workload
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities. Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices (including working from home, flexible hours)
- Up to 6.75% company superannuation scheme
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
In addition, we also offer career development programmes, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.