Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Team Lead to provide leadership of the Accounts Receivable team and support the Credit and Collections Manager to deliver consistently high standard of customer service and receivables continuity. Through regular monitoring of transactions and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, the role ensures the University maintains a positive profile.
You will oversee a team whose focus is the delivery of accurate and timely accounts receivable support to internal and external stakeholders through streamlining and standardising of processes.
This role is responsible for building and enhancing the overall capability of the team, while also working in partnership with the Manager, to provide an exceptional service and provide leadership capability support to the Manager.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Position Description.
Please note this is a permanent, fulltime (37.5 hours/ week) opportunity, with a salary range of $64,600 – $79,800 depending on qualifications and experience.
Mō tō mātou rōpū | About the team
The Shared Transaction Centre provides a platform that enables the University to move toward best practice for financial processing, administration efficiency and improve service delivery across the organisation. It utilises the best use of resources, systems, skills and expertise (economies of scale and skill). It supports development of a service user ethos and improves user-facing services.
The Team Lead, Accounts Receivable reports to the Credit and Collections Manager within Shared Transaction Centre. Manager – Shared Transaction Centre reports directly to Chief Financial Officer.
He kōrero mōu | About you
You have successfully led a team in your previous employment, assisting with the investigation of complex customer issues and proven experience in the end to end accounts receivable function. You will be customer focused, with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft office and a thorough understanding of Peoplesoft financials is preferred.
Our ideal candidate will be experienced in working in a large complex organisation, working to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment and up to date with current accounts receivable processes.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in managing high performing teams
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to create a high performing, motivated team
- Experience in having operational ownership of a financially focused business processes with wide ranging stakeholders
- Experience in accounts receivable and debt management roles with ability of understanding and meeting Financial Accounting requirements in relation to Accounts Receivable and Debt management
- A strong and proven track record in customer service in financially focused business processes with strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills as well as able to pick up the internal, industry specific software quickly
- You will thrive in highly fast-paced, high-volume environment, with excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices (including working from home, flexible hours)
- Up to 6.75% company superannuation scheme
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
In addition, we also offer career development programmes, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits