Fairchild Equipment, Inc. is seeking a stable, hard-working, dependable and motivated Accounts Payable Associate for our corporate office in Green Bay, WI. This position requires you to provide support to all Accounts Payable aspects of the Accounting Department on a day-to-day basis, while keeping the Controller always informed. Fairchild Equipment prides itself on its Core Values and promoting its employee’s growth within the company and welcomes the individual who shares those values.
Family Values – Healthy work/life balance promoting a winning and pleasant work environment. Follow the Golden Rule.
Safety Always – We are committed to safety at all times and in all places.
Customers for Life – Excellence in customer Service. If we don’t deliver, let us know, and we WILL fix it!
Employer of Choice – Happy and productive employees who outwork the competition.
Active in our Communities – Outstanding citizens in the market we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage accounts payable using accounting software and other programs.
- Handle accounts payable for separate entities.
- Responsible for receiving, processing, and verifying invoices related to accounts payable.
- Code all invoices to proper GL account, profit center and department.
- Complete vendor applications and set up new vendors in accounting software.
- Send credit references, sales tax-exemption certificates, and W-9’s when requested.
- Review and investigate discrepancies of vendor accounts to vendor statements.
- Process transactions and perform accounting duties such as account maintenance, record entries and reconciliations.
- Process and post all invoices including utilities, taxes, phones, etc. with accounting software.
- Match purchase orders to invoice pricing, terms of payment and other charges.
- Complete all check runs on a weekly basis.
- Ensure bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to department procedures.
- File paper and electronic documents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Prepare and file all year end 1099’s.
- Process all employee expense reimbursements including travel, fuel, auto allowance and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Maintain auto allowance spreadsheets for eligible employees.
- Reconcile all credit card statements.
- Complete Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments; manage positive pay, void requests, and the release of wires.
- Review and approve all vendor bank change requests while adhering to department procedures.
- Enter all use tax to invoice totals when applicable.
- Have the willingness to take on additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Controller and/or management.
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required.
- 2+ years of Accounting, Finance or related experience is required.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and hands-on experience with spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task and have strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Frequent physical activity of the position:
- Stooping- bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching- bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Crawling- moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Reaching- extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Walking- moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing- using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in sustained motion.
- Lifting- raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
- Fingering- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole and or arm as in handling.
- Grasping- applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
- Talking- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Climbing- ascending or descending.
- Occasional Physical Activity of the position:
- Balancing- maintaining body equilibrium.
- Fingering- perceiving attributes of objects by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- The visual acuity requirements:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The conditions the worker will be submitted to in this position:
- The worker is subject to environmental conditions with activities that normally would occur indoors.
- The worker is occasionally required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
To take that next step in your career, and have an opportunity for additional growth, you will want to join our dynamic team. Fairchild Equipment, Inc. is recognized as the fastest growing company of its kind in the Midwest! Fairchild Equipment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apply now!