A Freitag-Weinhardt Accounts Payable accountant routinely, accurately, and consistently maintains and completes assigned accounting functions in a manner that minimizes errors, redundancies, discrepancies, audits, and reconciliations. By completing assigned tasks effectively and timely an AP Accountant contributes to the accounting department operating in an efficient and reliable manner.
- Match Invoices and delivery tickets on assigned jobs and code for data entry
- Work with Project Managers and Superintendents to ensure timely approval of invoices
- Process rental, utility, overhead, and other non-job-related invoices for data entry.
- Troubleshoot problem invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Communicate with vendors when needed for invoice copies or correct payment application
- Manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to ensure completion of all duties and tasks assigned adhering to deadlines
- Always Represent Company with professionalism and a commitment to quality
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Company Management
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
- Microsoft Outlook – beginner to intermediate knowledge
- Microsoft Excel -Beginner to Intermediate knowledge
- Microsoft Word– Beginner knowledge
- Various accounting software – intermediate knowledge
- Construction accounting software – preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and view a computer monitor. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift office products and supplies, typically not to exceed 20 pounds.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail to be exact and accurate
- Ability to adhere reliably to a reoccurring set schedule
- Perform, with minimal mistakes, a routine set of tasks consistently
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- This position will be in an office setting. An occasional visit to a job site could be scheduled.