Responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of detailed general ledger accounts, as required. Keep records and accounts up-to-date and accurate. Investigate and resolve discrepancies and accounting errors. Complete reports, summaries and related files. Create monthly expense reports. Perform related office tasks.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assume responsibility for the accurate and timely performance of assigned accounting functions
· Review source documents and record daily transactions. Balance and account for daily entries and journals.
· Calculate figures and prepare recurring account statements.
· Record a number of transactions in the appropriate general ledger account.
· Reconcile general ledger accounts according to assigned tasks.
· Perform various filings/sorting of cheques, journals, daily entries, etc.
· Complete required records and reports and keep records up to date.
· Create expense reports as needed.
· Perform accounting functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking and resolving accounting issues and discrepancies
Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with sector staff and management
· Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or correct transactions.
· Inform the Controller of the activities of the sector and of any significant problems.
· Report the status of all account reconciliations to the Controller.
· Attend and participate in meetings as required.
Assume responsibility for related tasks, as required or assigned
TRAINING: DEP or DEC in accounting
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and procedures, including reconciliation of accounts
- Knowledge of related computer applications
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Two years of experience
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Good sense of detail and precision
- Cooperative and team spirit
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Telework for the first 6 to 9 months, with occasional trips to subsidiaries. Following the establishment of a head office in the Montreal area in early 2023, mixed telework and office schedule.
Northern Graphite Corporation (NGC: TSX-V, NGPHF: OTCQB, FRA: ONG, XSTU: ONG) completed the acquisition of the producing Lac des Iles graphite mine and the Okanjande graphite deposit/Okorusu processing plant in Namibia on April 29, 2022. Northern Graphite Corporation is now the only significant North American graphite producer, with 40-50,000 tonnes per year of graphite production capacity in Quebec and Namibia, which will make it the third largest non-Chinese natural graphite producing company in the world.
Job Type: Full-time
- Will you be able to participate in a mixed office schedule and reliably commute to Montreal, QC for this job?
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
- French (required)
- English (required)
- DEP or DEC in accounting (preferred)