We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to join the team. As an Accounting Assistant, you should be accurate and motivated to work for the company. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment and should have a great deal of accuracy.
- Complete daily batch payments to merchants, monitor payment processing and identify variance from the root source/cause
- Assisting in maintaining books of accounts, including but not limited to coding and posting invoices, verifying and processing employee expense reimbursement etc.
- Prepare merchant’s statement reconciliations to ensure completion and accuracy of both merchants and company information. Responsible to ensure that the reconciling items are minimal and addressed in a timely manner.
- Monitor the Accounts Payable to ensure that all payables are paid in a timely manner. Report weekly to the Accounting Manager
- Support manager on implementing new procedures, and changes to existing processes and assist with testing and documenting new procedures
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- Completion of University/College in Accounting or related discipline
- 1+ years of experience in accounts payable and bookkeeping
- Good understanding of accounting principles along with all applicable sales taxes
- Exceptional data entry accuracy
- Advanced computer skills and working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; Fluent in Mandarin an asset
- Experience in Intuit QuickBooks is an asset
- Previous working in a bank or financial institution is an asset
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)