The Accountant role is responsible for the overall day to day accounting duties of Wind Mill. This role is key to Wind Mill as it involves application of credit, billing of all customer projects, accounts payable activity and month end activities (e.g. inventory reporting). This position requires a high attention to detail and the ability to organize and execute on multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Maintain and conduct daily billing
· Prepare, post, verify, and record customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable
· Maintains relationships with customers to ensure timely payment
· Review purchase orders for accuracy and ensuring that they have been approved by the appropriate department
· Manage accounts payable; review and ensure invoices are properly coded with appropriate approvals
· Report monthly use tax; ensure appropriate systems and procedures are in place to properly track use tax
· Research inventory and billing discrepancies while working with related departments
· Verify inventory counts and record adjustments to inventory levels for items that have been used, damaged, or are in the production
· Ensure that all inventory transaction details are recorded accurately
· Create and maintain various spreadsheets for tracking, reconciling, and reporting of financial data
· Oversight in maintaining acceptable accounting practices consistent with company policies and procedures
· Relay information changes/updates to appropriate team members
Personal Attributes and Skills
· Acts with integrity.
· High level of accuracy, dependability, and confidentiality.
· Self-starter with the ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred.
· Two+ years Accounting related experience preferred.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
· Experience with inventory control management.
· Manufacturing experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location