- Exciting opportunity for an Associate to join Finance, Business & Private Banking
- Be part of a highly engaged team committed to diversity and flexibility
- Showcase your sound experience/exposure to Finance/Financial Services
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it’s about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have an opportunity for an Associate to join our Finance department in the Business and Private Banking team. This position will give you exposure to a wide range of finance activities, including financial reporting, planning and forecasting together with commercial analysis to support the Business Bank. You will support and align with NAB’s Finance Strategy to modernise Finance and seek opportunities to drive simplification and process efficiencies.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Perform monthly reporting to the business outlining the Business Bank financial performance including an understanding of variances to Business plan/expectations
- Supporting the forward-looking view of the business including regular forecasting and the annual planning process
- Provide detailed financial analysis to enable the provision of commercial and financial advice, on key initiatives for the Business.
- Maintain strong balance sheet control and understanding through the balance sheet substantiation process
- Support half-year and year-end reporting periods by acting as key process support for external disclosures
- Support change initiatives by managing all financial impacts including validating / restatement of numbers, mapping of ledger and insight and taking actions to reduce key data gaps as required
What you will bring:
- Focused on driving commercial insights as well as delivering results
- Able to synthesize information from multiple sources, build financial models, identify and synthesise key themes and communicate and influence effectively
- Technically proficient in the use of modelling and visualisation tools (e.g. Advanced Excel, PowerBI, etc.)
- Enjoys working collaboratively and building positive relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Uncompromising drive, passion, focus, and energy to help innovate and drive change
- 2-3 years experience in Finance/Financial Services
- Tertiary qualification required, ideally CA/CPA qualified
By joining NAB and our Finance team, you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
To help keep our community safe, candidates are required to comply with vaccine requirements outlined in state-based public health orders.
Advertised: 14 Jun 2022 6:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Closing: 21 Jun 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time